Friday 7 June 2013

Peter Dunne - gobble gobble

I watched MP Peter Dunne's demise on TV3 tonight.  With the finger of blame for the GCSB report leak pointed directly at him there was no where to hide and the result was inevitable.  Dunne's resignation is perhaps the best thing he could have done now that things have gone this far.

Pundits are calling the resignation the "end" of Dunne.  Maybe so.  It's not looking great for Peter - which is a ignominious end to a long career.

I for one won't be sad to see the back of Peter Dunne.  I hold him personally responsible for not knocking back the sale of fireworks a few years back ( http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA0611/S00138.htm ).  We can all do without explosives in the hands of minors.  Pity Dunne couldn't see that.

I was also aghast when Peter admitted that he thought testing of party pills on animals was a good idea ( http://blog.eternalvigilance.me/2012/12/peter-dunne-is-a-sick-puppy/ ).  Fortunately Dunne was forced to back down following a significant public outcry.  What was he thinking?

I wanted to do a photo-chop of Dunne as a clown - like my treatment of Aaron Gilmore, but my partner came up a better idea...


No comments:

Post a Comment