Monday 17 June 2013

Competition win = me!

I won a little competition on the Paint.NET forum.

It was my first win in these competitions.  I don't consider myself much of an artist - my art tends to be rigid and mechanical.  I have trouble with colors, proportion, abstracts and textures (maybe I'm just being too hard on myself).  I'm fond of telling people that my brother got Art and History, while I got Maths and Science!

The win is quite special to me as a number of very fine digital artists were also entered.

Here is my entry.  The topic was Mathematical/Numerical.


EER is short for my forum username Ego Eram Reputo (latin for "I've been thinking").

The formulae are Paint.NET's layer blend modes which I researched and wrote up for my book Mastering Paint.NET 3.5.10.


No comments:

Post a Comment