Sunday 10 March 2013

Plugin Index reaches 1 million pageviews

Over on the Paint.NET forum the Plugin Index which I created and maintain has surpassed 1 million page views. Yes,

1000000 page views!

I do have a donation button attached to the forum thread, but this is rarely used.  Financial return was not the reason I created the Index in the first place (way back in 28 June 2009).

The Plugin Index came about because I saw a need to organize the plugins which were being posted on the forum.  It is therefore rather pleasing to have been such a help to so many users of Paint.NET over the last three and a bit years.

As previously mentioned in this blog, I'm currently updating the Plugin Index to make more information on each effect and plugin available to the viewer.  This work is approximately 90% complete and should be rolled out in the April 1st edition of the Plugin Index.

One problem I have encountered is that the forum limits the length of posts.  This means that the new information may not make it into the forum version - being restricted to the PDF and epub/kindle versions (where space is not an issue).

No comments:

Post a Comment