Saturday 20 April 2013

All Black behaving badly

Last Sunday (14 April 2013), All Black & Hurricanes winger Julian Savea (below) did something dreadful.

(image: www.3news.co.nz)

By his own tearful admission, he and his partner got into a domestic dispute which escalated into an assault.  Savea has since been charged over the incident.  At a press conference today (21 April), Savea said...

"... my partner and I had an argument, I did some things that are wrong, that I shouldn't have done, and I apologize for that.  To my partner and family, I want to say I'm sorry."

Fronted up and man'd up.  You've got to respect him for his honesty and apparently genuine remorse.

The guy has made a terrible mistake.  He gets to pay for that.  No one condones domestic violence or any other sort of violence. In our society it's simply unacceptable.  Julian deserves the punishment and I'm guessing he will accept that.

Following punishment comes forgiveness.  So long as Savea commits to genuinely changing his ways.  Let's hope he does.

Full story on Stuff:  http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/8578164/All-Black-Julian-Savea-charged-with-assault

No comments:

Post a Comment