Monday 18 February 2013

Plugin Index - updates

Over on the Paint.NET forum I've initiated a discussion on the reformatting of the Plugin Index (which I maintain).

I've had some valuable feedback and some excellent suggestions.

In the next edition of the Plugin Index I'm going to be introducing the new formatting which looks a bit like this:




Circle Text - dpyWrites text into a circle, or on an angle. dpy's Pack
Type: Effect | Released: 28 Sept 2009 | Status: Active | DLL Name: CircleText.dll | Menu: Effects > Text Formations


*NEW* Clipwarp - Red ochre.  Deforms a clipboard image 'around' an object. Useful for creating glass and metallic effects.
Type: Effect | Released: 07 Jan 2013 | Status: Active | DLL Name: ClipWarp.dll | Menu: Effects > Tools


Clouds Plugin - SepcotCreates cloud like effects using the Perlin Noise routine.
Type: Effect | Released: 13 Sept 2006 | Status: Depreciated | DLL Name: CloudEffect.dll | Menu: Effects > Render

CodeLab v1.8 - Tom JacksonInternal PDN tool for creating your own plugins. Code & apply your own effects on the fly. Updated and maintained by BoltBait.
Type:  | Released:  | Status:  | DLL Name:  | Menu:

Color Aberration - MadJikAllows you to move separately RGB channels in % or in pixels. It could be a used to create 3D pictures.
Type:  | Released:  | Status:  | DLL Name:  | Menu:



I'm also going to list ALL the available plugins.  Yep, every one.  This is sucking up an enormous amount of time, but I think the benefits will be worth it.  I may not get all the plugins listed by the first of the month - but there will be dozens of new listings as I manually unpack some of the plugin packs that are available.

As you can see from the sample listing above I'm now making the Type of effect, Release Date, Status, DLL Name and Menu location available.  This means that you can identify individual effects by their dll if required.

Useful?  I hope so!



No comments:

Post a Comment