Tuesday 22 January 2013

New Zealand Teletext service shutting down.

Here in New Zealand the Teletext service is being shut down.  We lose it in April 2013 along with the rest of the analogue TV service.

I like the service - fraught though it is with problems.  I use it to scan the headlines for something interesting or new.  It's a bit like a prehistoric RSS feed.

To solve the problem of missing this news service, I got one of these




Mini TV for Android, coupled with one of these


 Mini keyboard & mouse from www.GeekBuying.com.

This little package plus my home WiFi turns my 'dumb' TV into a smart one with Android 4.1, apps, browser et al.  not only is this cool, but the dual core mini TV is very quick.

For a news service I use this free app:



Goodbye Teletext, sniff - I'll miss you with your wonky links, bad spelling and horrendous grammar.

BTW I have got great service from GeekBuying.com!  They ship internationally for free.  That's right. FREE.

I highly recommend them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment