Tuesday 15 May 2012

Goodbye Thingamablog

I've set up my own IIS server under Win7 and have both MySQL and PHP running on it.

I've also been designing websites and writing C# software for a few years now, so I like to think I'm not all that dim.  Yet I tried to configure Thingamablog for more than six hours before I finally gave up.

Nice idea, but I found it just too much trouble to get it to work.  Goodbye Thingamablog!

What am I going to do about a blog now?

I've seriously thought about using Wordpress.  Even have it installed on my localhost.  The trouble is that the Scriptus Web Design website (http://www.scriptus.co.nz) is a static one (no PHP or MySQL).  This means that Wordpress is not going to play nicely with the site host.  Damn.

I like to call myself a web designer.  Surely I can code this myself?  What I'll do is write it up in HTML5 and CSS and FTP it to my website host (I was going to have to FTP the blog to the web site anyway using Thingamablog).   Now I have ultimate control of how my blog looks and works.  If you're reading this then I've been successful publishing it.

Or so I thought.....,


No comments:

Post a Comment